When it comes to my Instagram feed - it's pretty much a jumble of style bloggers, captivating fashion brands (hi, Revolve), a hefty amount of makeup bloggers, and a substantial amount of cheeky memes to get me through any week.Read More
Spring is here and honestly, I can't contain my excitement! Besides the constant issues with allergies and a runny nose (icky), I'm so ready to swap my black tights and winter jackets for punchy florals and swingy skirts. I will say, I'm dreading bikini season, but there's something so refreshing about warmer temps and sunny days. Plus vaca's are in the near future and I can't wait to be actually be on a beach somewhere, instead of just dreaming about one!
Here are a few of my favorite springtime looks:
1 | Mid Heeled Sandals: These heels, though. I just cannot stop staring at them. The color. The heel. The t-strap. Oh boy, am I smitten!
2 | Retro Floral Swing Dress: I've always had a thing for retro style, but this dress just confirms it. The pattern + the colors are everything. ASOS, you did good, you did really good.
3 | Rose Libertin Lipstick: I think I've been on the hunt for a punchy pink lip color for months now. I just can't seem to find one that's good quality. YSL, I give you an A+. I need this color.
4 | Ivana Zelov Rose Gold Bar Studs: Everyone, meet Ivana Zelov - my old college roomie. She hand makes the most beautiful pieces of jewelry you ever did see. The girl is oh-so talented + you must check out her hand made beauties on Etsy!
5 | Alexa Chung Eye Do Eyeliner: Alexa Chung. The one person who has perfected winged liner to a T (or is it 'tee'? Whatever.). After watching countless Birchbox tutorials with this liner, it's definitely on my spring wish list.
As a new season begins, there's something so refreshing about changing-up your wardrobe a bit. It's like with the fall of the leaves comes a new you - I can definitely dig that. Plus it's an excuse to buy new clothes. ;)
1. Essie 'Style Cartel' | Hues of navy blue are definitely on my radar this season. I love the dark plums, but a bold navy shade is right up my alley. I have a feeling this polish is going to be my new go-to this season.
2. H&M V-Neck Blouse | I bought this blouse last week and l totally love the rosey pink color - definitely on the girly side. Paired with black skinnies it's perfect for a dinner date or toss on a pencil skirt and it works for the office. Super versatile and I love how comfy it is - it's also perfect for those icky feeling days. Holla.
3. Towne & Reese Evangeline Necklace | Just because summer's winding down doesn't mean we have to pack away our bright-colored jewelry. This necklace would look great with a cable-knit sweater or even a basic t-shirt. I definitely need this in my life. K, thanks.
4. Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner | Ok, so this little tube of liner is heaven on earth. Err...your eyelids? Some of you might already know that I'm ob-sessed with Benefit Cosmetics, but if not - now you know, now ____. Cue: Biggie song. But really, this liner is great - especially if you want to easily perfect the winged-liner look (which I love). It's a little on the pricey side, but hey it pays to be beautiful..or something like that. (Their 'They're Real! Mascara' is amazing as well - get my review here.)
5. New Look Mint Green Lace Pencil Skirt | Let me preface this pick, I am in love with midi skirts. The lacey details and the midi length of this pencil skirt definitely gives it that 'wow' factor. I need this skirt in my work-wear rotation, immediately.
6. Old Navy Penny Loafers | Gold + penny loafers. My inner-kid loves these. A lot. Let's just say I have vivid memories of stuffing pennies in my black penny loafers when I was an itty bitty Kimmy. I love the androgynous-feel of these and my heart beats a little faster when I think of pairing these boyish kicks with some girly florals.
Fall is starting to make its way to Virginia and boy-oh-boy am I ready to break out my cozier clothes.
Naturally, with a new season comes a need for me to get a new wardrobe. What can I say, I can't help it. Wanting these 6 items is an understatement, I need them all. ASAP.
1. Zara Faux Leather Skinny Jeans | I need these in my life. Faux leather pants just seem way too effortless to rock with a casual tee or dress up for cocktails with your girl friends. Plus black goes with everything - which is essentially my way of rationalizing buying these bad boys.
2. H&M Wool Hat | I walked into H&M the other day (yes, it finally opened up in Roanoke - everyone swoon), and tried this little number on. In the summer, I've always been a fedora lady, but this seems to be the perfect option for the fall. My bad hair days would love it too. A lot.
3. H&M Crepe Dress | This dress just looks straight up comfy. Paired with ankle booties, flats or heels this can easily be taken from work-wear to night-wear, which is definitely something I'm looking for with all my clothes. Corporate Kim, gives it an A+.
4. Benefit Lollitint | I will admit, I'm not always the best at putting on lipstick (picture smudges everywhere) and this is my next best bet. It not only acts as a lip stain (add layers to make the color a darker/gorgeous orchid tint ), but it's an incredible cheek stain that lasts all day.
5. Baublebar Swiss Edelweiss Collar Necklace | Let's just say I'm lusting after this dime piece. 1. You can pair this gorgeous statement necklace with a black t-shirt for a day at the farmer's market or with a silk top at work - it's really versatile, which gives me even more reason to justify this buy. Opps.
6. Blue Life Boho Romper in Paisley | Rompers. Where do we begin? My boyfriend hates them (sorry babe), but there's something so convenient about throwing on a onesie and running out the door. The deep V and the long sleeves definitely add a fall factor that's both casual and sexy. I'm smitten.