When it comes to buying makeup, I have an issue. Let's just say I'm a regular at Ulta. No really, I think I have the platinum card or something. It's a pretty unhealthy relationship, but hey I'm pretty into it. No post-it note break ups for now.
As much as I love high end products, sometimes the drugstore dupes are just as good, if not better. I've learned to splurge on foundation/CC+ cream, but skimp on these 5 products:
1. NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer | Through and through I am a NYX girl. This brand is not only amazing, it's cheap. Screw the cheap packaging (that's how they have such low prices), you absolutely cannot beat the prices. This concealer is JUST as good as some high end products. You're welcome.
2. L'oreal Telescopic Mascara | I've played around with some higher end mascara's, but after my girl Sazan Hendrix swore by this mascara, I knew I had to give it a try. Boy oh boy this stuff makes my lashes look ah-mazing. Did you know L'oreal owns Yves Saint Laurent, Lancome and Redken? Even more reason to purchase L'oreal products.
3. Maybelline ColorSensational 'Coral Crush' Lipstick | This product has been on my makeup rotation for, well, a few years. I love Maybelline's lip products because they go on super smooth and last all day. This gorgeous coral color is phenomenal. Tip: I sometimes top this color with a poppy pink (like this 'Power Peony' shade) to brighten it up a bit.
4. NYX Studio Finish Translucent Powder | I hate when I wear CC cream and at the end of the day, it's completely gone. Instead of spending a ton on a pricey setting powder, try the NYX powder. This stuff seriously keeps your makeup on all day. Hint: After you put on face primer, add setting powder, top with liquid foundation, and top again with setting powder for long-lasting stay.
5. Almay Gentle Eye Makeup Remover | For years, I swore by Clinique's makeup remover. I've always had sensitive skin and was horrified to try other brands (I had a horrible reaction to some makeup remover wipes a few years ago. It was awful.). As much as I love Clinique's product, I just couldn't stand spending so much money on makeup remover. C'mon, it's makeup remover. This Almay remover is hypoallergenic and I absolutely love it and the price tag!