Whoa. I've been bad with writing, you guys. Sorry in advance, seriously. I was on a little bit of a roll in November, and well, the pre-Thanksgiving jitters hit and I neglected you all. Guilty. Now that it's December, (cue: how the heck is it December already?) I feel like I should probably get back in your lives and stuff.
Not to mention December is probably, actually most definitely, one of my favorite months because well, Christmas. Let's get festive this month, you guys. I promise I won't abandon you. Before I get into all my go-to holiday recipes, party tips & tricks, holiday dresses (because that's really what I'm trolling for lately) and all that festive stuff - let's rewind a bit. Let's catch up. Slow our roll, you know the deal. First things first, I thought it'd be a little entertaining to think about some parts of me that many of you don't know -- or at least maybe the majority of you don't know? Family excluded, of course. Ok, here we go. No laughing, please.
- I used to do musical theatre. That's right, the whole singing, acting, dancing (not well) - whole nine yards. Actually, I used to sing solos, which fortunately are no longer available for black mail since my dad's video camera got stolen with the footage (wheww). Back story, I had to choose between sports and musical theatre, but I'm still a Broadway nut. Barbara Streisand, anyone? Anyone?
- I could probably sing every Beatles lyric, not well, but thanks to growing up with a dad who loved quality music - it's only a given that I love The Beatles.
- I can't fall sleep if the TV is on, at all. Oh and I have to have a fan on because I love the sound of it.
- I'm pretty excited about this one, especially since it has been on the down low for a bit. I'm working with some friends on a new brand: Nickel + Penny (nickelandpenny.com coming soon!). The website will feature money saving tips, recipes, deals, etc. and all the content your heart could ever desire. Picture a mix of Pinterest / TJ Maxx, but on steroids. :) For now you can download our Holiday Savings Guide here - trust me, you'll love it!
- I always have to be playing music or have some kind of background noise on - whether I'm getting ready for work or just cleaning.
- I love a good rom com (given), but I could watch thrillers all day, everyday.
- If I wasn't in marketing, I'm pretty certain I'd become a makeup / hair stylist - because well, I love all things makeup and hair.
- I once dove over my older brother on Christmas Eve and hit my head on our brick fireplace. I still have a scar on my head that resembles the Harry Potter lightning bolt.