I’m going to be real with you all; I used to shampoo my hair every day. That’s a huge no-no, you guys – a huge no-no. As a girl who works out 6 days a week, I always felt gross if I didn’t shampoo my hair every time I got in the shower. Wrong.
In hopes of growing my hair and ditching the shampoo, this is my new routine/tips to prolong my blowouts. My hair stylist can no longer cringe at my former over the top shampoo process.
- Shampoo my hair 2-3 times a week. This seems hard to do, at least it did to me at first, but it’s actually quite easy with a few necessary tools.
- I usually shampoo my hair on Tuesday and Friday. This leaves me enough time between shampoos to give my hair a break and actually form some type of natural oil AKA gives it a chance to grow!
- When I do shower, I wear a shower cap during the times I’m not shampooing. I love this one.
- Pre-workouts I spray my hair with this dry shampoo. It gives my hair volume and soaks up most of the moisture/sweat during my workout.
- Post workout I immediately take my hair out of its ponytail and headband and let it air dry as much as possible. I flip my hair over and spray it with dry shampoo. If it feels a little too dry, I use this dry conditioner. Yes, it’s an actual thing!
- When I go to bed I brush my hair with this brush and tie my hair in a super loose bun.
- During the times I’m trying to actually style my hair, I tend to stick to the clampless wand. It gives me beachy waves and doesn’t damage my hair. I love this one.
- I’ve completely ditched my straightener. Ladies, take notes it actually prevents breakage and my hair looks naturally voluminous without the flat iron breakage.