Fall. The one season we all go nuts for - I'm guilty of indulging in Pumpkin Spice Lattes, rocking leggings + riding boots and heading to a pumpkin patch to get the perfect Insta. Maybe we're all a little guilty of that? Opps. Go ahead and call me basic. Leggings, riding boots, flannel shirts, PSL's, pumpkin patches - it's all synonymous with basic. If being basic means being cozy + drinking yummy lattes, then I'm definitely not above it.
One thing I promised myself as the leaves started changing was that I was going to take advantage of this gorgeous season by doing all things fall-related - this meant I needed a fall bucket list. Here are a few of my must-do things:
1. Scary Movie + Dinner Night: It might sound pretty damn cliche, but 1) everyone loves a good scary movie during Halloween (and if you don't stick to Hocus Pocus) and 2) an excuse to have dinner with friends is always a good idea. Let me go ahead and let you know I'm doing this at a friend's place tonight - complete with a seriously spooky movie + Chicken Tortilla Soup - so really I just put this on here so I could cross it off. Don't lie, you do the same thing. ::satisfied::
2. Picnic Party: So I've always loved a good picnic - I honestly can't remember the last time I actually had one, but nonetheless how fun would this be? Am I right? I'm picturing a bottle of vino (probs Malbec), brie + crackers and matching flannel shirts (totally kidding), but hey a girl can dream. Damn you, Pinterest.
3. Parkway Drive: We live in Virginia - aka one of the prettiest places in the fall. I can't wait to take a long drive on the Parkway - it is one of the best places to admire the changing leaves. #Blessed. lolz.
4. Glitter Pumpkins: Carving pumpkins is fun and all, but glittering a pumpkin is just that much better. I can't wait to test this one out - while drinking wine, of course. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
5. BYOP / Bring Your Own Popcorn: I think it'd be a fun party-theme to have guests make their own popcorn and have a taste-test party (of course with booze). Maybe they make a spicy popcorn, a birthday funfetti popcorn (bonus points if you make this) or even just the classic movie theatre kind - have guests judge each based on taste, creativity, etc. It'd be a fun twist on a weekend get-together - I'm definitely planning on trying this out soon!