K hi. It's been awhile, everyone. With this cold and damp weather hitting the Carolinas, it's not a big surprise that pretty much everyone I've talked to has been in a little post-Daylight Savings Day (pitch black at 5:30pm isn't working for me, ok) slump.Read More
There's something about those Blue Ridge mountains that make my heart happy. I'm a northern girl at heart, but when you put me back in those Virginia mountains I get all kinds of happy.Read More
Between my trip to Buffalo, complete with Tim Hortons coffee and kale, tomato, and garbanzo bean soup, and this "chilly" week in the Queen City - I'll be the first to say I'm ready for fall.Read More
It was one of those weeks where every single day managed to feel like a Friday, even though it was only a Tuesday. Needless to say, it really felt like 2 weeks meshed into one.Read More
I’ve been scared to type in lipstickandlove in my toolbar and stare at the most recent post – July. Sigh.Read More
When it comes to fall, I'm guilty of swaying towards dark clothes. I know, I know black is everything, but adding a few pops of color or patterns can really transform an otherwise drab outfit.Read More
As Thanksgiving approaches, I can't help but start planning my outfit. Hey, there will be lots of pictures and stuff, ok? Seriously though. This holiday, it's significant that you wear something you can A) eat as much as you want in and B) feel comfortable in, yet don't feel like you're wearing a burlap sack.Read More
Whoa. This week has been crazy. Actually scratch that, 'crazy' might not do it justice. On Monday, I officially accepted a job in Charlotte at an advertising agency. YES, I'm moving!Read More
This week has been quite a whirlwind. A day trip to D.C., lovely fall-esque runs and some pretty incredible news coming to lipstick + love. Life is good, you guys! Life is good.Read More
With Halloween planning in full swing (stay tuned for a DIY glitter shoe tutorial this week. Can you guess what I'm being? Surprisingly, it's not Snow White.), I've vowed to really embrace every part of the season.Read More
There's nothing quite like fall in Virginia. As the leaves change, it feels like the Blue Ridge Mountains truly come alive.Read More
There’s nothing quite like fall. Pumpkin brews, crisp temps and football season. Mmm...This fall, I’m more than ready to cross off these fall-esque activities from my to-do list.Read More
As the temps dip lower, I'm ready for sweater dresses, plaid and all things snuggly. Fall rule #1: Being cozy is a top priority.Read More
With all this rain, I had to whip up a big pot of soup. It was only necessary for a cozy Sunday in and some Buffalo Bills football. I found this recipe on Pinterest and I twisted it into my own creation. It was a huge hit at my house.Read More
Hi Friday, I missed you! Despite the chilly temps and the entire 10 day forecast predicting rain, I'm still ready for some time in all things cozy. Hello knits, sweaters and plaid!Read More
Let’s get one thing straight, leopard is a neutral. Got it? Good. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I must say I’m quite smitten over these kitten heels (see what I did there?).Read More
When the going gets tough, the tough wear comfy clothes. Well that's my motto. This fall, I’m all about the basics and the basics must be extremely comfy - like flannel pajama pants kinda comfy.Read More
Here it is, September finally made an appearance on my desk calendar and I think my eyes did a double take. Seriously, where exactly did this summer go? Before I indulge in all things pumpkin spice (judge me) and start mapping out my Halloween costume (Disney princess here I come), here are a few things I’m into at this moment.Read More
Fall. The one season we all go nuts for - I'm guilty of indulging in Pumpkin Spice Lattes, rocking leggings + riding boots and heading to a pumpkin patch to get the perfect Insta. Maybe we're all a little guilty of that? Opps. Go ahead and call me basic. Leggings, riding boots, flannel shirts, PSL's, pumpkin patches - it's all synonymous with basic. If being basic means being cozy + drinking yummy lattes, then I'm definitely not above it.
One thing I promised myself as the leaves started changing was that I was going to take advantage of this gorgeous season by doing all things fall-related - this meant I needed a fall bucket list. Here are a few of my must-do things:
1. Scary Movie + Dinner Night: It might sound pretty damn cliche, but 1) everyone loves a good scary movie during Halloween (and if you don't stick to Hocus Pocus) and 2) an excuse to have dinner with friends is always a good idea. Let me go ahead and let you know I'm doing this at a friend's place tonight - complete with a seriously spooky movie + Chicken Tortilla Soup - so really I just put this on here so I could cross it off. Don't lie, you do the same thing. ::satisfied::
2. Picnic Party: So I've always loved a good picnic - I honestly can't remember the last time I actually had one, but nonetheless how fun would this be? Am I right? I'm picturing a bottle of vino (probs Malbec), brie + crackers and matching flannel shirts (totally kidding), but hey a girl can dream. Damn you, Pinterest.
3. Parkway Drive: We live in Virginia - aka one of the prettiest places in the fall. I can't wait to take a long drive on the Parkway - it is one of the best places to admire the changing leaves. #Blessed. lolz.
4. Glitter Pumpkins: Carving pumpkins is fun and all, but glittering a pumpkin is just that much better. I can't wait to test this one out - while drinking wine, of course. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
5. BYOP / Bring Your Own Popcorn: I think it'd be a fun party-theme to have guests make their own popcorn and have a taste-test party (of course with booze). Maybe they make a spicy popcorn, a birthday funfetti popcorn (bonus points if you make this) or even just the classic movie theatre kind - have guests judge each based on taste, creativity, etc. It'd be a fun twist on a weekend get-together - I'm definitely planning on trying this out soon!
Well hello. It's been awhile. With being out of town in early October to getting my wisdom teeth removed last weekend (ugh) - I've been quite MIA, but I'm back!
Life has been pretty hectic, but really when is it not? I spent a long and lovely weekend in Buffalo (my hometown) surrounded by my brother, sister-in-law and their 2 adorable kids - Mia + Andrew. It was seriously the perfect weekend that consisted of none other than family time. I loved not having an itinerary and truly just going with the flow. Typically, when I travel to Buffalo I have an agenda - I'm usually there for a reason and with family that want to cross off restaurants and activities from their day. This time was different and it was more fun. I loved getting the chance to play with my little niece + nephew, drink a few (or more) pumpkin brews and just relax. I miss them already + am already figuring out when I'll schedule my next trip. I again, plan on not having an itinerary. It's totally worth it.
A few days after the trip to the B-lo, I had my wisdom teeth out. Boy, was that rough. As I type this, I still feel the tinges of pain creep in my jaw - definitely not the best feeling in the world. I'm definitely sick of the whole liquid diet thing and I cannot wait to bite into a slice of cheesy pizza (I was definitely contemplating pureeing pizza. Ya. It got that real). Nonetheless, a few days off for some R&R were definitely what the doctor called for and I did just that.
This week is devoted to resting and taking it easy. Sometimes it's nice to slow down and really savor the moments. Err....the moments you can eat real food.