Between my trip to Buffalo, complete with Tim Hortons coffee and kale, tomato, and garbanzo bean soup, and this "chilly" week in the Queen City - I'll be the first to say I'm ready for fall.
Although the temps haven't quite dropped the necessary 10-15 degrees, I figured I might as well get a head start on my bucket list (here's mine from last year). As many of you know, fall is one of my favorite seasons and even though I won't be in the beautiful mountains this year (I miss you, Virginia), it'll be fun to live out my favorite months in Charlotte. Let's see what you've got, Charlotte. Of course my list consists of pumpkin things, but you know I had to throw in some other fall-esque activities that don't channel the whole 'pumpkin spice lattes, yoga pants, and riding boots' stigma. You're welcome.
1. Find the perfect pair of over the knee boots that are quite as expensive as these Stuart Weitzman ones.
2. Apple cider mimosas: If you know anything about me, the first thing you know is that I can pretty much drink a mimosa at anytime of the day or night, what can I say - I'm not bias. Of course I have to find time to make these cider mimosas. Did I mention Harris Teeter even has apple cider from my hometown? Major plus!
3. Make a cauliflower crust pizza (this margherita one looks delish) + sip vino: I know this isn't the stereotypical 'fall-inspired' bucket list item, but what's cozier than sipping some Cab, playing vinyls, while simultaneously working some pizza magic in my tiny kitchen? Rhetorical question.
4. Hocus Pocus + popcorn bar: I'm a sucker for Halloween movies, particularly Hocus Pocus. I'm also pretty obsessed with popcorn, so pairing the two seems like a pretty ideal cozy night-in.
5. Plan a girls day-trip to vintage shops: Since I've moved into my new apartment, I will admit I'm not the best at determining what my 'signature style' is (I guess that's what your 20s are for...at least I'll keep telling myself that). In hopes of actually making my apartment a home, I'm determined to find some unique pieces to add to my place.
6. Visit a haunted house: Ok, so all things spooky is far from my cup of tea, but for some reason every October I'm a teeny bit eager to hit up a haunted house or watch a scary movie. There's something about being spooked out that's actually kind of appealing. I'm a weirdo, I know. For now, maybe I'll just stick with watching the new season of American Horror Story...with the lights on.
7. Head to a vineyard (crossing my fingers its Valhalla): Red wine is my thing. You can always count on me to have my bar cart fully stoked with vino and obviously bubbly. Given. One of my favorite fall things to do is hit up Valhalla Vineyards in Roanoke during the peak fall foliage. Honestly, I lived at that vineyard when I lived in Roanoke and I must make a trip back for the incredible views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
8. Day trip to Asheville: A perk of living in Charlotte is the fact that we're pretty much close to well, everything. 3 hours to the beach and 2 to the mountains, which makes it a prime spot to live. With Asheville only 2 hours away, I figured a day trip is a must - especially since I'll get a little mountain-fix in before the holidays.
9. Hike: Obviously fall is the perfect opportunity to hike. Although Charlotte 'mountains' aren't quite as big as Virginia ones - I'm eager to get some exploring in.
10. Host a dinner + scary movie night: Horror movies are not my strong suit, but as long as I can cover my face with a blanket and drink some wine I'll be good.